Clements/Pyle National Rail & Transit Trainline Connectors
Eastern Connector has been supplying Connectors & Cable Assemblies to the Rail & Transit marketplace for over 25 years. Along with the Multipin & power Reverse Bayonet & CN/Starline connectors, we supply the Standard Head End Power (HEP) and 27 Point Communication & MU connectors & Cable Assemblies.
Head End Power (HEP) from Clements National or Pyle National; Trainline jumpers and receptacles provide head-end power primarily to locomotive-hauled passenger rail cars.
- Based on Amtrak D77-24 & APTA RP-E-016-99
- Operating temperatures: -40°F to 140°F (-40˚C to 60˚C)
- Electrical rating: – Power contacts: 600 VAC, 400 amperes– Control contacts: 600 VAC, 40 amperes, Dielectric strength: 2000 V RMS
- Mating/unmating forces: 70 lbs. Maximum – 30 lbs. Minimum
- Contact shock: Mated connector pairs shall withstand a 6' drop onto a concrete surface
27 Point Communication & MU:
- 27-point jumper assemblies and receptacles are available in various configurations for trainline (COMM) car control/communication and (MU) multiple unit locomotive control.
- It is manufactured to conform to AAR S-512 and APTA RP-E-019-99 specifications.
- Qualified for use on all Amtrak equipment.
- Interchangeable and inter-mateable with other major brands
- Wired receptacle assemblies are available for any length or configuration
- Durable powder paint coating offers a multitude of color options and provides superior long-term protection of hardware.